Wednesday 5 February 2014

Review: L'oreal Superior Preference Les Caramels LC63

I last dyed my hair back in Summer of 2013 to a bright red colour (using Garnier Olia). Sadly, it didn't stay long and quickly turned brown/dark brown/orange-y in a few weeks. I had stopped dying my hair then, it grew really long and I really liked it but it was really damaged. I got it cut and straight permed in the end of Decmember. At that time, my hair colour had become really a natural asiany black (other than the back of my hair with light brown streaks from before).







I picked this hair dye up after seeing a fair amount of good review on blogs, makeup alley, youtube, etc. It's the L'oreal Superior Preference Les Caramels LC63. I think this is the "light golden brown" colour, it is intended for virgin/natural dark hair ONLY as you can see:


I was really impressed with the results. Normally it would take me a few times to achieve this colour. I'm sorry I tried taking a picture at every angle and lighting in my room but the true colour could not show. It's a LOT lighter in person. However, as others noted, it was significantly lighter on my roots even though I had listened to the instructions and dye my roots in the last 10 minutes.

Another thing I didn't like about the dye was the smell. IT IS SO STRONG, I locked myself in the bathroom while I put the hairdye on and I felt almost intoxicated by the smell. ALL IS GOOD, but the smells is just a little too heavy for me. Otherwise, the outcome and my hair quality is pretty good. I still have yet to see split ends since I got my haircut a month ago, which I am very happy for!

(I always dye my hair myself and I am aware that I haven't really applied it evenly or due to lighting, some parts of my hair is darker than the rest)



Overall, Yes, I would recommend this to anyone who wants to lighten their hair if you haven't dyed your hair before. Hope I helped even in the tiniest way possible :)
 

2 comments: