Thursday 29 January 2015

Food experience: Momofuku!

I discovered this modern Japanese ramen restaurant located in the downtown core of Toronto last Summer when looking at restaurants I wanted to try for Summerlicious. Sadly, I didn't get a chance in the few weeks Summerlicious was on to go try Momofuku. So, on Wednesday when my boyfriend and I were downtown (near St Andrew Station), I was trying to Google what to eat nearby. Suddenly, Momofuku popped into my head, I googled it and thankfully it was roughly 3 min away. We walked there, and discovered a black box with a door on it, labelled Momofuku.

It took 2 tries to realize that was the main entrance! It's a very unique design :P

The atmosphere is very modern, and wooden, I saw their upper levels (and did end up going to the Milk bar to get a cookie, which was cold, sweet and yummy!).




I ordered the "Winter ramen" (left) and my boyfriend ordered the "Momofuku ramen." (right)

Both were good. I'd say the winter ramen is perfect for a cold snowy day, the chicken in it was AMAZING as well. His was just a regular bowl of ramen with the traditional pork belly, egg, fish cake, etc.

The only thing that will keep us from frequently coming back in the near future is the price, its approximately $15 a bowl! My boyfriend complained it wasn't quite enough to satisfy him for lunch. Well anyhow, I liked my experience there, and hopefully I'll be able to come back to try some of their other ramen!

No comments:

Post a Comment