Wednesday 24 September 2014

Review: Clinique Superprimer - Colour Corrects Redness

Hi all,

just wanted to share a new product I have been using. In late August, I was in search for a new, higher coverage foundation since my redness always seem to go through my usual BB cream. While talking to a lot of SA's at Sephora, many recommended me not only to a few high-end foundations, but also to foundation primers. I never really use primers because (knowing me), I am very lazy, and just prefer to put on my makeup the fastest way possible. Who's with me here? Well, they told me that using a primer will not only help my foundation last longer, it will also help the application and final result much more, depending on the function of the primer. I was recommended to a few, due to my stubborn combo skin, such as Laura Mercier's hydrating primer and Clinique's colour correcter primer. Both are fairly expensive, I believe Clinique retails for $23 and Laura mercer for $30+. However, I didn't want to pay so much for something that I barely use (due to my laziness, I also have a ton of brushes that I just leave sitting in my drawer because I'm too lazy to apply makeup with makeup brushes!). So I decided to go online and buy a travel sized version of a Hourglass's highly rated Veil Mineral Primer. It claims to correct redness as well. It was a pretty dumb purchase because for 10 ml amount of product, it was $20+tax, but since I had a job, it was whatever, just wanted to test it. After 3 applications, I realized it wasn't the primer for me. It's very hydrating, making my face super oily within a few hours, even with finishing powder afterward. However, a few weeks ago, I went to the Mac warehouse sale in my hometown, and found the Clinique redness colour corrector for $12! I went ahead and purchased it, full size too! By the way, love how the packaging is in a tub, since you can squeeze every last bit of product out.
 



The texture is a silicone-like texture, and provides a very soft, smooth and matte finishing. Love how the package matches with the actual colour of the product even though I always though green would counter redness. 

Here is my step by step process, and my bare naked face with a ton of redness madness:


In the picture below, I have applied primer. As you can see, softens redness only a little but gets rid of the pores for a smooth finish


Now, I have applied my foundation, and as you can see again, a tiny bit of redness is still visible, though very unnoticeable from afar. I don't have pictures of concealer or finishing powder because I was in a rush, and because sometimes I don't wear the extra makeup. However, I think it's a lot better than before!

I used this Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup foundation here. It has SPF15 and provides medium and build able coverage. This is the one I have replaced my Skin79 BB Cream with. I am in love with it but decided not to review it with the primer. I may make a review of it another time. But until then, I just want to stress how important primer is as an essential step to the makeup routine, especially if you're a regular foundation applier. I found that it makes such a difference during and after application. I find that my face is still on the oily side after a few hours but that's because I have extremely oil/dry/combo skin. I have yet to find the perfect primer-foundation duo, but this one makes me happy for now. Overall, I would rate the Clinique Redness Colour Corrector Primer a 4/5 because of the price, and because it doesn't hide all the redness. However, at $12, it's a great buy, so check out the Mac and Estee Lauder warehouse sale if you can!


The above picture is me with a face full of MAKEUP! I just noticed my shirt matches the colour of the Clinique tub, haha. 

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment