Thursday 4 September 2014

Scad-da-bush!

Hey guys, just wanted to share a new restaurant I found and loved. Hope to inspire some of you to try too! 

Not gonna lie, this restaurant's name is pretty hard to remember - I mean, it's unique but I keep referring it as "Scabbadash" or "Scudda…" Anyway, to ensure I have spelt it right, I've googled it and Scaddabush is how it's properly spelled and pronounced.

This is a new restaurant that opened near Square One a few months (correct me if I'm wrong) or weeks ago. It replaced where Alice Fazooli used to be, beside Jack Astor's. My boyfriend and I tried about all the restaurants around Square One and we wanted to go back to Alice. Since it was closed, a new opportunity arose for us to try something new.

Once we entered, we were quickly greeted. I remember that night being really busy, they didn't have any seats available at the dining area so we opted for the lounge area. We were told to go ourselves but once we sat down, a very nice waitress introduced herself and got us water. We were told Scaddabush is famous for their homemade pastas and pizzas - which is 100% true! We decided to try a large "pesto pollo" pasta and a garlic "charity bread." I like that they price their dishes as small, large or social able, each with a different price point, but very good quality and quantity. The garlic bread claims to give a portion of the profit to charity, which is nice. Since our waitress knew we were sharing, she separated the portions into two plates equally for us before serving, we really appreciated that.

I didn't take pictures of the food the first time we tried it, but we went again yesterday, ordering the exact same thing as we did the first time. It was delicious!



As you can see, I was so excited to dig in that I didn't check how my picture quality turned out, oopsie!

Anyways, I recommend any of you to try Scaddabush near the Square One area :)

No comments:

Post a Comment